As-Sadiq Islamic School is a private, faith-based Shia Islamic School located in Thornhill, ON. It is home to about 700 students ranging from Preschool all the way through to Grade 12. The school is currently open full time to students in the Preschool to Grade 8 range while high school students are registered in a hybrid online/in-class learning program. We are currently looking for a part time nurse at the school to improve our health care program during the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to find someone who enjoys working with children and who will lead the school in our efforts to prevent the spread of this virus in the community.
POSITION TITLE: Part time Health Nurse (Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse)
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Current immunization record and vulnerable sector check required upon hire
- Strong interest in working with children and youth
- Well developed interpersonal skills and a team player
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
DURATION: October 2020 – June 2021
SCHEDULED HOURS: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Should be able to take a call when needed.
- Manage day to day staff/student injuries and health concerns including screening for COVID-19 symptoms, monitoring of students that are not well until their parents arrive and recommending COVID-19 testing where needed.
- Assist in communicating with Public Health as required.
- Management of PPE supply at the school.
- Update Principal on all student/staff health related matters.
- Demonstrations for students on hand washing, proper etiquette with PPE.
- Conducting disease case investigation, contact follow-up and outbreak management.
- Respond to inquiries and resolves concerns, as needed.
- Provides health promotion and protection activities, including assessment, early detection and intervention, in order to enhance the well-being of staff and students.
- Assist in gathering information needed to meet provincial reporting requirements for influenza and Covid-19 contact tracing.
APPLICATIONS: Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: Friday October 2, 2020