PCC – Paint, Carpet & Calligraphy Project at Jaffari Community Centre
One of the major projects undertaken after completion of the Jaffari Village is the interior works of Masjid Ghadeer, Zainabiyya halls, Zari rooms and Wudhoo areas. The Phase 1 of the project was substantially completed during the year 2015/16.
The scope of Phase 1 included the installation of plush new carpets with comfort padding and a fresh coat of paint to provide an updated modern look. In addition, several intricate art work and calligraphy pieces were incorporated into the design of Masjid Ghadeer and the Zainabiyya halls.
The project concept was conceived by JFMC and a project team consisting of professionals with a graphic and interior designing background. Projects details were presented to Executive Committee (BOD of the time) for review. Upon approval of the project and budgets, the feedback of Resident Alim Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi and Executive Committee were closely taken into account before finalization.
After some recommendations, the project commenced with recognition of the Islamic calendar and special events so as to limit the inconvenience caused to the patrons of the community center.
The project included many salient features:
- Paint colour to blend and suit the center’s vision
- 40 oz carpet which is in compliance with the Ontario fire code, plush padding to provide additional comfort level and a 10 years warranty. The carpet layout was done while keeping in mind that should damage occur to one part of the carpet, it has the ability to be restored. The Masjid area has a total of 313 Mussalla spaces. This exact number was utilized for its connection to the Imam of our time.
- The millwork design was completed in way to enable maximum storage and access to Quran, Dua books, Turba and Tasbihs.
- Certain Quranic verses were carefully selected and approved by the Resident Alim to be incorporated into various areas of the masjid. Classical Kufic script was used in the Mehrab, dome and windows of the Masjid. Quranic verses and Asma-ul-Husna were also incorporated inside the Zari rooms and the Zainabiyya hall.
The participation of these individuals has been integral to the completion of this project:
- Resident Alim: Maulana Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi
- BOD Members
- Presidents: Br. Aliraza Rajani & Br. Shabbir Jeraj
- Chairladies: Sr. Zehra Dilawar & Sr. Shabnees Siwjee
- Mukhis: Br. Raza Kassam, Br. Mehboob Siwjee & Br. Akil Karim
- JFMC Members
- Secretariat including Director of Operations
- Our in-house professionals which includes:
- Team lead: Sr. Salma Alibhai
- Graphic Designer: Br. Azeem Amirali,
- Production associate: Br. Mazahir Somji ,
- Professional Photographer: Sr. Zainab Jeraj
- And many others who took time off to volunteer for this project which was successfully completed in a short period of time.
JFMC is beginning talks on phase-2 and the details shall be presented under the guidance of our Resident A’alim to the BOD headed by Br. Habib Meghjee in due course.