The Jaffari Funeral Services Committee provides all inclusive funeral services with the highest quality and respect. The board was created in 2008 to provide funeral services to the members of the Community.
In the Case of a Death, please Contact
- Mukhi (Director of Centre): Br. Mehboob Siwjee at 1-855-JAFFARI (5233274)
- Chairman of Jaffari Funeral Services: Br. Mubarak Mamdani at 647-786-1934
What to do at the time of a Death
We understand that this must be a very difficult time for you and your family and it is our duty to ensure we assist you with the preparations of a funeral and fulfilling the burial rites of the deceased.
- Please contact one of the abovenamed individuals when a death occurs.
- Please notify the JFSC Chairman (Br. Mubarak Mamdani) when the Dr. has signed the ‘Medical Certificate of Death’ (also known as Form 16)
- At this time, please also request the doctor/nurse to remove all foreign objects and keep the hands and legs of the deceased straight, and close the eyes if possible.
- The next of kin would then need to take some time in assisting us with completing the ‘Statement of Death’ (also known as Form 15)
- To better prepare, please refer to the Blank Form 15 on this page.
- Volunteers will then proceed to obtain the Burial Permit to continue with the burial arrangements.
- For Ghusl/Kafan, 2 of our volunteers will be present and you may have up to 3 family members (same gender as the deceased) also participate. If the deceased had kept aside their own Kafan, please bring this along. If not, our committee will provide the Kafan.
- Please advise the Funeral Committee Chairman on the choice of cemetery (listed below).
- The Mukhi (Director of Centre) will advise of any associated costs for the funeral, if applicable.
For any other information and/or queries, please email fu[email protected] or call our Secretariat Office at 905.695.9786
|Men’s Committee||Ladies Committee|
|Chairman: Br. Mubarak Mamdani – 647-786-1934||Lead: Sr. Sajeda Habib|
|Br. Mohamedtaki Sabur||Sr. Nusrat Davdani|
|Br. Kazim Kanani|
Bereavement Authority of Ontario
The Islamic Shia Ithna-Asheri Jamaat of Toronto (Funeral Services) is a licensed operator under the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) – Type: TSO Restricted.