Job Title: Industrial Project Engineer
Job Type: Full Time / shift work and/or weekend work as required
Department: Research & Development
- Evaluate manufacturing processes applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all inclusive. Duties may be added or altered to business requirements.
Position Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Diploma or Degree – Ideally in Process, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in food industry
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process
- Solid background with raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly organized and detail oriented with good time management skills
- Ability to generate ideas, test their effectiveness and decide on a plan of action
- Ability work collaboratively with cross functional departments
- Able to work with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to Caryn, HR Manager HR@superpufft.com. Remember to write Industrial Project Engineer in the subject line.