Job Title: Food Safety Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Reporting to: Director of Quality Assurance
The Food Safety Coordinator will be responsible for developing, administering and maintaining applicable Food Safety Programs & Policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain, and improve SQF (Safety Quality Food) program and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Lead, coach and assist all departments in understanding, and maintaining Food Safety system requirements
- Evaluate food safety concerns in the facility and implement programs to eliminate hazards.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop appropriate procedures and policies and provide training for all plant personnel in each department ensuring all employees are knowledgeable and responsible for upholding the principles the Company’s Food Safety programs
- Manage Consumer Complaint database, tracking, reporting, trending and responses.
- Manager and oversee the Sanitation Team and Pest Control activities.
- Participate in third party audits and their preparation and follow up as assigned (SQF, Customer, and Regulatory)
- Schedule and coordinate the company’s internal auditing process to ensure all areas in the plant are inspected, make certain non-conformities are issued and communicated to management staff for all GMP/H&S hazards and follow-up to ensure all NCR’s are corrected in a timely manner.
- Prepare and conduct plant-wide training as well as specific plant employee training as it pertains to principles of Food Safety
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis to standardize operation, identify root causes, improve process, solve problems and manage risks associated with food safety and poor-quality product and the improper application of quality principles.
- Hold regular meetings with HACCP Team and plant departments to ensure they are aware of internal audit findings, current status of the Food Safety System, and changes to the Food Safety System
- Frequent communication with internal Sr. Management and external Customers, Third Party Auditors, Regulatory and Government bodies
Must have ability to identify and assess potential food safety hazards and quality defects
- Ability to effectively train essential plant employees in HACCP principles and SQF principles
- Ability to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to write SOPs and work instructions
- Must have HACCP and SQF certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preference in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related Engineering field
- 3 – 5 years practical experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance/Control in a food manufacturing facility or laboratory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to problem solve and perform root cause analysis
HOW TO APPLY – Applicants should send a resume to HR@superpufft.com. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a criminal records check. Please include Food Safety Coordinator in the subject line.